A joke of the day for work can certainly help make an office more fun. Jokes and an environment that embraces humor keeps morale high and helps staff form great work relationships.
Jokes can come in all shapes and sizes - they can be extremely relatable or completely farfetched! With the oldest joke dating back to 1900 BC, we’ve been cracking jokes for millennia, so much so, we now pay comedians to tell us jokes on a stage.
Since the days of the chicken crossing the road, jokes have become wilder and more elaborate. When telling a joke it’s important to set the scene, build up the audience with some charisma and then deliver a witty punchline! With that in mind, here are some jokes of the day for work that you can share with your colleagues.
We have the one liners...
- Someone has stolen my Microsoft Office and they are going to pay for it... You have my Word.
- Our computers went down at work today, so we had to do everything manually. It took me 20 minutes to shuffle the cards for Solitaire.
- My new colleagues are so much fun, they write names on all the food. Yesterday, I ate a yogurt named ‘Susan’; how cute is that?
- I refused to believe my road worker father was stealing from his job, but when I got home, all the signs were there.
- I got a job at a paperless office. Everything was great until I needed to use the bathroom.
- Now I’ve gotten into astronomy, my whole career is looking up.
- I went for an interview for an office job today. The interviewer told me I’d start on $2,000 a month, which would increase to $2,500 a month after six months’ time. I told them I’d start in six months.
- My memory has gotten so bad it has actually caused me to lose my job. I’m still employed, I just can’t remember where.
- My boss told me to stop acting like a flamingo, so I had to put my foot down.
- There’s nothing like being the first one on a conference call to show everyone who’s not boss.
While office jokes are a way to make your workday lighter, you could also make it more streamlined by using a central digital location to manage your services. This is exactly what a client portal like Clinked offers - a professional online place to work with clients and colleagues as well as store files and manage tasks.
We also have the slapstick, Christmas cracker, question and answer jokes:
- Why did the developer go broke?
Because he used up all his cache!
- Which program do Jedi use to sign their files?
Adobe Sign Kenobi
- Why can’t you trust Atoms?
Because they make up everything!
- What makes a spider such a good computer programmer?
It knows all about the web.
- Why don’t marketers like trampolines?
They’re scared of high bounce rates.
- What did the computer programmer talk to his boss about?
- Why couldn't the guy be a full time fisherman?
The net income wasn't enough.
- Do you want to hear a construction joke?
Sorry, I’m still working on it.
- Why do SEO’s love the farmers market?
Lots of organic content!
If you're wondering about the ways in which a client portal can help your business, try a demo of our software to see how this can make working online simpler.
And the jokes that tell a short story…
- Standing in front of the shredder, the new employee looked a little confused so a supervisor offered to help.
‘Are you ok?’
‘How do I get this thing to work?’
She takes the wad of paper from his hands and feeds it through.
‘Great, but where do the copies come out?’
- Bill walks into his boss’s office one day and says, “Sir, I’ll be straight with you, I know the economy isn’t great, but I’ve got three companies after me, and I’d like to respectfully ask for a raise.”
After a few minutes of haggling. The boss finally agrees to give him a 5% raise, and Bill happily gets up to leave.
“By the way,' asks the boss as Bill is leaving his office, 'which three companies are after you?”
Bill replies, “The electric company, water company, and phone company.”
- An employee is getting to know her new co-workers when the topic of her last job comes up.
“Why did you leave that job?” asked one co-worker.
“It was something my boss said,” the woman replied.
“Why? What did he say?” the co-worker asked.
- The owner of a company tells his employees one day, “You worked very hard this year, therefore the company’s profits increased dramatically. As a reward, I’m giving everyone a check for $5,000."
Thrilled, the employees gather round and high five one another.
“And if you work with the same tenacity next year, I’ll sign those checks!”
- I was called into my manager’s office today because of my dress code.
He said, “You can’t wear pyjamas for work.”
I said, “Everyone else does.”
He said, “That’s because they’re patients.”
- My boss just asked, “Do you think you can come in on Saturday this week? I know you enjoy your weekends, but I need you here.”
I replied, “Yeah, no problem. I’ll probably be late though as the public transport is bad on weekends.”
He said, “Okay, when do you think you’ll get here then?”
I said, “Monday.”
- My boss asked me today, “Do you believe in life after death and the supernatural?”
I replied, “Yes, I think so.”
“I thought you would,' he said. 'Yesterday after you left to go to your grandmother’s funeral, she phoned up to talk to you."
- A social media marketer lost his job and went to work on a farm.
He worked hard, but had one weird quirk: every morning, he would do a belly flop into the hog trough! After a few days, the farmer had enough.
“You city folks sure are strange,' the farmer said. 'Why are you always floppin’ headfirst into the pig slop?”
“Sorry, force of habit,' the social media marketer replied. 'I’m trying to make an impression in your feed.”
Hopefully you enjoyed this curated list of jokes from Clinked and have a new great joke of the day for work to take back to your colleagues. If you’re interested to hear more about Clinked and our client portal software, speak to one of our friendly team.
Read more about team building:
- Fun Office Games: Small Fun Activities for Employees
- Team Building Activities for Work
- Virtual Team Building Activities
- Problem Solving Team Building Activities