A manufacturing business can be a complex web of production, shipping, and accounting. Having a client portal can help your clients stay up-to-date on their orders, simplify communication, and make it easy for them to request changes. In this post, we'll discuss how a client portal can help your manufacturing business run smoothly.
Websites Versus Web (Client) Portals
Nowadays, organizations are using both websites and web (client) portals to reach out to their audiences. So, which one should you use for your business? Below, we will discuss the key differences between websites and web (client) portals.
- Websites are typically used to provide general information about a company or organization, while client portals are designed to provide specific, targeted information or services to a select group of users.
- Websites are typically organized around a hierarchical structure, with different sections and pages arranged in a tree-like fashion. Client portals, on the other hand, are usually organized around a set of defined topics or channels.
- Websites are typically accessed by everyone, while web (client) portals are usually password-protected and only accessible to authorized users.
So, which one should you use for your business? If you need to provide targeted information or services to a select group of users, then a client portal is the better option.
How a Client Portal Can Benefit Your Manufacturing Enterprise
A client portal is an online space where your manufacturing enterprise can securely store and share important information with clients. It's a way to improve communication and collaboration between you and your clients and can help streamline your manufacturing processes. There are many benefits of using a client portal for your manufacturing business. Here are some of the most notable:
- Better Communication: A client portal allows you to easily communicate with clients about their projects and orders. You can send updates, request feedback, and answer any questions they may have. This helps to build strong relationships with clients and keep them updated on the status of their orders.
- Improved Collaboration: A client portal gives you a central place to store all project information. This makes it easy for you and your team to collaborate on projects and helps to ensure that everyone is on the same page.
- Streamlined Processes: A client portal can help you streamline your manufacturing processes by keeping all information in one place. This includes project files, client contact information, order details, and more. Having everything in one place makes it easier to track progress and manage projects.
- Improved Customer Service: A client portal allows you to provide better customer service by giving clients a central place to get answers to their questions. You can also use the portal to send updates and request feedback. This helps to build strong relationships with clients and improve your manufacturing business.
Improve Information Visibility with Instant Order Status
As your business grows, it becomes more and more difficult to keep track of every order and customer. You might have an amazing team in place, but without the right tools, it can be a challenge to maintain 100% accuracy and visibility into your data. A client portal can help improve information visibility by providing instant and accurate order status to your customers.
When you give your customers access to a client portal, they can log in and view the status of their orders at any time. This gives them the peace of mind that their orders are being processed and helps to build trust in your brand. In addition, having a client portal allows you to quickly resolve any issues that may arise with an order.
Provide Value-Added Services with Consigned Inventory
In order to stay ahead of the curve, it's become increasingly important for businesses to find new and innovative ways to not only improve their bottom line, but also deliver added value to their clients and customers. One such way is by utilizing consigned inventory.
There are several advantages to using consigned inventory. First, it can help reduce costs for the company because it eliminates the need to maintain its own warehouse space. Second, it can improve customer service because the company can offer a wider range of products and services. Third, it can provide a competitive advantage because the company can offer customized solutions that are not available from other providers.
Streamline Sales Cycle with Instant and Accurate Sales Quotes
If you're still using traditional methods to manage your sales pipeline, chances are you're losing out on valuable time and money.
That's where a client portal comes in. A client portal is a secure online space where you can manage your entire sales process in one place. From generating accurate quotes to tracking payments and invoices, a client portal streamlines your sales cycle and saves you time and money.
Compress Quote-to-Order Cycle with Comprehensive Order Management
The order management process is a critical part of any business, but it can be especially challenging for businesses that sell complex products or services. A comprehensive order management system can help to streamline the process and make it more efficient.
A client portal can be a valuable tool for businesses that need to manage orders efficiently. By providing customers with a self-service platform, businesses can reduce the number of support calls they receive and improve customer satisfaction. In addition, a client portal can automate many of the tasks associated with order management, such as processing payments and issuing refunds.
If you're looking for a way to improve communication and collaboration within your manufacturing business, then you should consider implementing a client portal. To learn more about how Clinked can help your manufacturing business achieve its goals, please don't hesitate to contact us today.
Bakhyt is a seasoned business growth professional, international marketing consultant and entrepreneur. She is currently Head of Growth at Clinked and a founder of EngineeringClicks.com. Throughout her career she’s been an owner of multiple digital businesses in e-publishing, e-commerce, brand licensing and affiliate marketing. Bakhyt’s main interests lie in business growth, data, performance analytics and SEO.